Social Distance doesn’t mean Spiritual Distance!
On Sundays at 10am, Church of the Ascension congregates on Facebook Live and Zoom for livestream morning worship. Your participation in the service is welcome: use the comments bar to make a prayer request, exchange the peace, or give us an Amen.
To follow along with readings, hymns, and liturgy, use the Order of Service, which is posted to churchoftheascension.ca/booklets every week.
Those who wish to contribute to our ministry can send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or make a secure online donation at the Canada Helps website.
Study and Fellowship
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that is easy to use and can be joined via the website (if you have a webcam and mic) or an app for your phone or tablet. You may want a set of headphones handy.
- Thursday Bible Study and Communion (aka “Lectio”), Thursdays at 10 a.m. on Zoom (Meeting ID: 713 149 007)
- Story at the Rectory, first and third Thursdays at 7:30pm on Zoom (Meeting ID: 698 700 963) (resumes May 7)
- Virtual Coffee Hour – Drop into Café Zoom for a chat with Rhonda and whomever happens to be there, or prearrange to meet with some friends. Make yourself a cup of coffee and connect. (Meeting ID: 924 147 7305).
- Mondays, 7:30-8:30pm
- Tuesdays, 10-11am and 4-5pm
- Wednesdays, 12:30-1:30
Personal Prayer on Zoom
After our Sunday worship, any one who would like personal prayer is invited to join two members of the Ascension Prayer Team in a private Zoom room.
How do you get to this Zoom prayer room?
If you are already on Zoom for worship, you will have to leave that meeting and join this one:
Prayer Team’s Personal Meeting Room
(Meeting ID: 466 400 8811)
You will be put into a virtual “waiting room” and admitted only once the prayer team is alone. No one else will be able to hear your prayers. It will NOT be streamed on Facebook.
- If you need to talk or pray, Rhonda is available by phone (613-236-3958 forwards to her cell phone), email, and Facebook.
- Expect a phone call from the care team checking in with members of the congregation.
- To give and/or receive such a call, please complete this form: https://forms.gle/oHfszJ5bz9W3ezof7
Connect Discussion List
Please use the list responsibly to share prayer requests, helpful resources, personal reflections, share questions and answers, and offer or ask for help. Follow the guidelines below and we’ll all get along:
- NO forwards
- NO attachments
- Do not swamp the list with dozens of emails each day
- This is not the vehicle for in depth personal conversations,
arguments, or gossip!
To post a message to the list, email email@example.com
Diocesan C-19 Resources
The Anglican Diocese of Ottawa maintains a resource of updates, guidelines, and useful information (including pastoral letters from Bishop John Chapman) at the Diocesan website.
Resources for All Ages
Illustrated Ministries produces excellent resources for people of all ages and have made made this lovely study/meditation resource available for free. You have to sign up to receive it but you won’t get added to their general mailing list. It is well worth checking out!