The Children and Youth Ministry at Ascension is currently looking for volunteers in the following ministries:
Sunday School Teachers
We need teachers for children and youth! It’s easy to volunteer and to teach, and the rewards are immeasurable.
You do not need to be available every Sunday and even if you can only commit to one or two weeks a term, your help would be greatly appreciated. Job Description/Qualifications:
- Love God with all your heart, your soul, your mind, and love God’s children as He loves you. You do not need to be a parent of a child/student!!! We welcome aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandmothers and grandfathers. Everyone can teach about God’s love!!!
- Prepare for each week that you are on rotation to teach your lesson. We have may curriculum resources to make lesson planing as easy as possible.
- Pray weekly for your students. These students will be your children for the year—yours to tend and care for, yours to love and reveal God’s love to.
- Attend a Teacher Orientation at Church of the Ascension. There you will meet the others on your teaching team, hear how Sunday School works at Ascension (including policies and guidelines), and complete your volunteer application.
- Complete a Police Check for the Vulnerable Sector. This background check is required as part of the volunteer application. A letter from the parish will be provided to avoid any cost associated with this Police Check.
To attend the next teacher orientation session, please contact Gabrielle at firstname.lastname@example.org.