Interested in developing a new relationship with Indigenous peoples and learning about what the Anglican Church of Canada is doing?
- Be informed about
- a film about the Doctrine of Discovery, Stolen lands, Strong Hearts, produced by the Anglican Church of Canada
- the documentary Reserve 107 about reconciliation on the Prairies
- interview with Susie Kicknosway Jones | Residential School Survivor
- Colonization Road: the path of reconciliation is long and winding
- Join the Church of the Ascension All My Relations-Ascension Circle. Contact details: email@example.com
- Join the Ottawa diocese All My Relations Circle book group “Journeying as Allies”: https://ottawa.anglican.ca/amr/
- Learn about whose land you stand on: Native-Land.ca | Our home on native land
- Be informed about the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) through https://www.faithinthedeclaration.ca/
A white ceramic feather was offered to each congregation and community ministry in the Diocese of Ottawa to serve as a sign of commitment to building relationships with all Indigenous peoples in the Ottawa area. Our feather is on display beside our baptismal font, reminding us that reconciliation is part of our vocation as Christians. In this photo, you can see our stained glass windows reflected in the glass of the feather’s display case.
More details about this feather can be found here.