Church of the Ascension has decided to continue our Sunday Services of the Word on Zoom at 10am, while also offering in-person Services of Holy Communion at 1pm.
Whenever the weather allows, these services will be held outdoors – please bring a chair or blanket! (Masked) congregational singing is returning to our in-person worship when we are able to be outdoors.
In addition, we will once again be able to share the wine during communion. For the time being, however, we will not be drinking from the common cup.
To keep everyone safe, we will follow all recommended protocols and procedures from Ottawa Public Health and the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa:
- Register (used to manage capacity and for contact tracing by Public Health)
- Self-screen for Covid-19 before you come
- Wear a mask and sign-in on arrival
- Maintain a 2-metre distance from others / other groups.
- Vaccinations are encouraged for all and required for staff and volunteers leading in-person gatherings (musicians, greeters, readers, servers, etc). It is important to note that vaccines are not required to attend worship. Learn more about our vaccination policy and find out how to confirm your vaccination status in order to serve as a volunteer.
Links to Registration for In-Person Services
Using an online form, please register for our Sunday afternoon services. Looking forward to seeing you in person!
Subject to Change
The pandemic has taught us the importance of both caution and flexibility. This schedule is intended to be transitional, while we wait and see what the fall holds. If all goes well and gathering indoors continues to grow safer and more desired, we will shift our schedule. If the situation does not unfold as hoped, we are well placed to quickly return to increased precautions.