Holy Eucharist, Sundays at 11am
Church of the Ascension has decided to continue our Sunday Services of the Word on Zoom at 9am, while also offering on-site Services of Holy Eucharist.
As conditions allow, the congregation is permitted to sing at indoor services. Please be particularly careful to wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth and to maintain physical distance from singers not in your household.
We offer both bread and wine during communion. For the time being, however, we will not be drinking from the common cup.
To keep everyone safe, we will follow all recommended protocols and procedures from Ottawa Public Health and the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa:
- Register (used to manage capacity and for contact tracing by Public Health)
- Self-screen for Covid-19 before you come
- Wear a mask and sign-in on arrival
- Maintain a 2-metre distance from others / other groups.
- Vaccinations are encouraged for all and required for staff and volunteers leading in-person gatherings (musicians, greeters, readers, servers, etc). It is important to note that vaccines are not required to attend worship. Learn more about our vaccination policy and find out how to confirm your vaccination status in order to serve as a volunteer.
Links to Registration for In-Person Services
Using an online form, please register for our Sunday afternoon services. Looking forward to seeing you in person!
Subject to Change
The pandemic has taught us the importance of both caution and flexibility. If all goes well and gathering indoors continues to grow safer and more desired, we will carefully add other elements to our on-site services, including programming for children. If the situation does not unfold as hoped, we are well placed to quickly return to increased precautions.